Monday, July 13, 2009

ALL ABOUT ME!!!

Getting marked for the tri. See below for the story....
Enough about the rest of the fam. This one is all about ME! The only bad news is I am blog illiterate and can't get the pics to move into the right order. SOooooo. the story will be in order, but not the pics. Ya'll will just have to deal with it. Here is the story....

A long time ago, on a campground not far way, there was a girl... ok, I'll tell it regular. We camped at Lake San Antonio last April, as in April 2008. It happened to be the same weekend of the Wildflower triathlon. I was inspired. My neighbor did it and I decided I wanted to. So, in September, I signed up for the moutain bike course. Then, in March when I turned 29, I decided it would be even better to set a goal for myself... to do 3 triathlons by my 30th b-day. Now with Mike gone, training has been a lifesaver for my sanity. It has forced me to get away and have mom time.

Tri #1 came May 2. I was a stud, if I do say so myself. I got 10th in my division, out of 112 girls. I finished in 1hr 20 min. It was a 1/4 mile swim, 9.6 mi bike, and 2 mile run. Yeehaw! I had a complete blast. See pics below.

My BFF Beth is runner extraordinaire and decidede one Friday that it would be great to do a 10k.... the next day. Her mom and a friend had already signed up and were going to flake, so it would be free fun! Running is NOT my fave part, but it was going to be her first race and I thought if I could get her into racing maybe, just maybe, I might eventually get her to do a tri with me! So we ran from Morro Rock to the Cayucus Pier... See pics. She made our ipod mix and we ran in synch the whole way. Not really, but we had fun!

THEN, I signed up for the SLO triathlon. I coerced my other BFF Jill to compete as well. That race is in 2 weeks... 1/2 mi swim, 15 mi ride, and 3 mi run. mmm.... I cannot wait.

Just Saturday, as part of my training/plan to get Beth to do a tri, we did the same 10k again and shaved a minute off our time. A side note, Beth has since purchased a bike. Because she wants to feel the wind in her hair. Or is she secretly planning on joining me in my addiction???



10k #1



Dancing =)



Done with Wildflower!




Pregame love from the girls.




Packet pick-up. It was raining and yucky. Race day was perfect!





2 comments: