Saturday, June 19, 2010
Avila Barn
Last weekend we went to Avila Valley Barn to do some berry picking. It was a perfect day, not too cold, not too hot. We took a picnic and enjoyed the scenery.
After our picnic we treated ourselves to ice cream. I love love love Avila ice cream. I will openly admit that I got, not one, but TWO scoops. Cake batter and chocolate fudge. Delicious!! Mike caved into peer pressure and got two also =)
Joshua had to sit out for the ice cream treat.
Then we took a hay ride down to the berry fields. There were millions of berries ripe for the picking!
My little pickers:
Finally, we fed the animals and let the kids run around a bit before heading out.
The sad part of the story is that we brought our yummy berries home to enjoy and found them to be bug infested. I even soaked them for an hour in water thinking that would kill all the little buggers, but they prevailed. They were these teenie tiny bugs that looked like part of the berry. The kids wouldn't eat them and I wasn't too keen on the idea either. So, they got thrown out. We still had a great family day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment