Saturday, November 6, 2010
That Scared JESUS!!
We were driving down the highway today when I saw a hawk in the middle of the lanes about 5 cars ahead... I didn't mention anything cause I kinda thought it had already met its demise on 101. Well, low and behold the thing takes off and flys away as if shocked that these cars kept flying by. As we got to the spot he had been sitting, there was a dead squirrel/mouse/rat/something. He was in the middle of lunch. Of course, traffic came to an almost complete stop, rather abruptly. Even though I was watching the thing play out, I still had to stop quickly. I explained to the girls what had happened, they asked, I told. "A hawk was eating something that died in the middle of the road and got scared by the cars and flew off. It scared the drivers and they put on their brakes." A minute or 2 later, Addie says, "That peacock scared Jesus!!" I snickered quietly and said "What do you mean?" That peacock (hawk) scared Jesus in my heart!!" Ahhhh... so stinking adorable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment