Sunday, October 4, 2009

The next event....

August 7th was the big day, the day we waited for, planned for, lived for, for 27 weeks.

The week before graduation the cadets do a Capital Run, running from the Academy to the Capital. Here are some pics of Mike and his buddies:

Mike's roomie, Gary. A great guy with a great family. Mike was so fortunate to have such a fantastic roommate.

This is Mike's car pool buddy, Ryan. He goes to our church and they are actually living together now. Mike rents a room from him so he doen't have to rush home after a shift.

The sign at the entrance to the Academy.
These are all the guys that went to Mike's office.

The dreaded start in the gym. They got in BIG trouble if they crossed it as Cadets.

The girls the morning of graduation. Precious angels =)

All ready to see Daddy graduate!

The helicopter landed in the "round about" in front of the Academy.

Ready for final uniform inspection.

Receiving his certificate.

Handsome boy in his Smoky the Bear hat!!

I got to pin his badge on... woo hoo!

Now an official officer of the law! Look out folks!


Proud family!
The entire fam was there to support.


Officer Addie
It was an amazing experience! I am so proud of my husband and all of the hard work he put into this journey. I know it wasn't easy but he persevered, trusted God and made it! I cannot express enough gratitude to our friends and family for always being there to rescue my kids if I had to work late, cook us dinner, run miles with me if I was frustrated, plan girl nights at my house so I could play, pray for us constantly, I could go on an on. When they say, "It takes a village" they are right. I love my village and don't know what I would do without them. Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment