Monday, October 5, 2009
On to recent events...
On our way home from San Luis last Monday evening, the girls and I were traveling about 65/70 mph when a giant deer, a buck, jumped in front of the good 'ol Yukon. I was in the fast lane, he came from the left, slammed across the whole front end. My airbag went off and my driver's side tire popped. I firmly believe that God was there telling me NOT to slam on my brakes (like instinct was telling me to do) and steadying my hand so I didn't swerve into the cars next to me. I was directed by Him safely off the side of the road. CHP came out and had to tow my car and all 3 of us girls got our 1st ride in a police car. My best friend Beth came to rescue us and deliver us safely home (Her husband was gone that night and her mom randomly pulled into her driveway as I was calling frantically asking her to come). Let me just say, that angels are out there and God is watching over us. When we went through stressful times when Mike was in the Academy, I always stressed that God had a plan for our family and that if Daddy was supposed to be a policeman, it would happen. AND if it didn't, it was because God had other plans for our family. The accident (and the CHP saying how he sees these things end so much worse) gave good opportunity to stress that again. God is watching us everyday. He has a plan for our lives. I will never forget looking in the back seat at my babies and seeing them in one piece, not a scratch and just thanking God for the gift he gave me. As a side note.... It was also a fabulous lesson for my girls to ALWAYS WEAR THEIR SEATBELTS!




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I seriously don't know why they didn't total this thing....other than the obvious that it didn't meet the requirments...I'm glad you girls are all safe and sound. :)
ReplyDelete