Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Valentine's Day Part 1
Valentine's is one of my favorite holidays... Fourth of July and Christmas are my other faves for those of you keeping track: ) I don't like Valentine's Day for the whole couples aspect. I actually completely rebel against the entire holiday in that sense. In fact, and this may surprise you, Mike and I do not exchange anything at all. I get him nothing. He gets each of us girls a single flower. I absolutely cannot bring myself to buy a cheesy $5 card... and I don't have time to make one, so it is understood that we show our love to each other everyday of the year, not just V-day. Anyhow, my mom always made it so special for us when we were kids... pink and hearts everywhere. Fortunately, this year it fell on a sunday so I could fancy up the day for my girls. This year we had to hurry it up a bit because we only had Mike until 2. So, I woke up early (which in itself should be a gift to my family b/c normally, if the kids aren't up, neither am I) to make a Valentine's breakfast. I made heart shaped blueberry scones, pink smoothies, eggs (forgot to put the food coloring in) and fruit salad.
The girls each got a little goodie and we were off to church...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment