Friday, March 6, 2009

Yup, we made it another week.

Week 5 down, 22 to go.

This one proved to be a bit more miserable then the rest... well really just yesterday and this morning. I think the girls have just had enough of me. They aren't voicing complaints of missing Daddy, but Kailee is being a bit mischievous (lying and putting EVERYTHING in her mouth? What is that about????) and Addie is just pouty. And I mean arms crossed hip cocked to the side, crabby face, pouty about EVERYTHING! Like this morning, I asked her "Addie do you want raisins in your oatmeal?" (mind you, she likes them in her oatmeal 99% of the time, but being that this morning was shaping up to be what it was, I asked to be sure) Addie answers "NO I don't like them!" okay. I do not put the raisins in. Hand bowl to child. She looks up at me and says "MOMMY I SAID I WANT RAISINS!!" Ummm.... no ya didn't. Give child raisins, child is happy. Really. That is all day yesterday and this am. Let's just say, I didn't feel bad dropping the little mood swinger at daycare for the poor unsuspecting teachers to deal with. I did add the disclaimer... "Just FYI, she's been a bit crabby this morning". Teacher just smiles and says, "Oh we'll be fine." SUCKER!!! HAHAHAHA! I mean. Of course you'll be fine, that is what I pay you for.

Anyway, Mike called last night around 7, which is much earlier then usual. After the routine beginning of phone call niceties, he says "I got into a fight today." HUH? "With who?" I ask. "An instructor." He answers. Oh Lord, I think. "It was PMA (physical methods of arrest)" AHHH YES... "I fought my instructor with the baton and it was AWESOME!!!" I can hear the smile through the phone. "AND I got my PT (Physical Training) shirt back!!!!" (They had ALL lost their "pretty" PT shirts the first day b/c they weren't up to snuff in fitness and had to wear plain white t-shirts w/their last names sharpied on the back. They have to earn the "pretty" ones back.) "I was 1 of 3 guys!!!" That was the highlight of the week for sure. We later found that our friend who went through academy took 10/11 weeks to get his shirt back. At week 5, Mike is pretty excited.

He comes home tonight and I am looking forward to relaxing with my man. There are not words for how proud I am of him and for how amazingly blessed we are!

The academy has a blog that just went on line:
http://www.chp.ca.gov/cadet/09-I.html





It has pics, one of Mike when they are practicing marching


Tall guy on the right of the pic, 2nd row.


That concludes this round...

Keep the prayers comin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment