Saturday, April 17, 2010

LA Children's update

And the biggest news of all...

We had our final appointment with the fetal cardiologist at LA Children's Hospital. This time we threw in an appt with a perinatologist for good measure (he's the guy that looks at the overall picture).

We saw the heart guy first and ..... dadadadahhhhh there is NO fluid around the heart! Praise God! He works miracles! The dr. is still ordering an echo of his heart once he is born to rule out a "coarctation" (narrowing of artery). He had told us this the last time as well.

The perinatologist remeasured him and checked the nuchal fold (back of his neck) and the fluid the other guy in SLO had seen around his liver. Results: nuchal fold is perfect, no fluid around his liver, nasal bone measured just right and his femur bones were just right. (they had been small in proportion to the rest of the measurements in December) He did see an artery in his head that was wiggly instead of straight (that is my interpretation). He "offered" an MRI now and when Joshua is born to see if it is really there. When I asked him what it meant if he did have a "wiggly" artery, as in, do we do anything about it, are there long term issues, etc. his response was , "Well, I could have it and not even know." Needless to say, we are not doing the MRI's. Why these doctors feel the need to tell you every little thing, I have no idea. If it isn't life threatening and no action is needed, shut your mouth.

When we got back I called a neonatolgist (who happens to be a friend of a family in Kailee's class) that used to work at the NICU in San Luis and gave him the report, his thoughts were that if Dr. Sklansky (fetal cardiologist) said it was fine for me to deliver up here and not in LA, that was "As clean a bill of health as he could give you given what had been seen previously."

All in all a WONDERFUL report. I am so grateful to God for all he has done in this baby's life already. I cannot wait to meet Joshua. I really can't wait to tell him how faithful his Father in Heaven is and how he is truly a miracle baby.

Any of you know the kids Bible song that says, "Joshua fought the battle of Jericho, Jericho, Jericho..."? Well, Mike is now singing, "Joshua fought the battle in utero, utero, utero" Hee hee.

Keep the prayers coming! It won't be long now and we will finally get to meet this amazing baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment