Thursday, July 15, 2010

Addie-isms


Part 1
The other day my mom and I were doing my Insanity workout and Addie was doing it with us. Shaun T (the leader) says "Everybody follow me!" and she starts walking toward the TV like she was going to follow him into the TV. Then she kind of stops and realized that she was following him into the TV. My mom and I were silently laughing hysterically.

Part 2
We were sitting at the doctors office to get her cast. In the waiting room, there was a little old lady sitting across from us. Addie leans over to me and very discreetly (as discreetly as a 4 year old can be) says, "Mommy, that lady looks like a pirate!" I almost peed in my pants. Of course then I had to look to see what she looked like. When she left I asked Addie why she thought the lady looked like a pirate (because she didn't look like a pirate) and she said it was the way her hat was... sideways like a pirate hat. True. She did have a straw hat that was very pirate like.

2 minutes later, an older couple walks out of the exam room hallway and sees Addie with her splint. The man asks, "What happened to you?? Did you hit a Boy????" A, "Nooo.. (big smile) I fell off a rope swing!" They chat a little bit longer and the couple leaves the office. As soon as the door closes she looks at me and says, "They are REALLY old mom!" Holy cow. I was cracking up at her.

No comments:

Post a Comment