Sunday, October 31, 2010

I am a WARRIOR!!!

We are warriors. We even have the hats to prove it. Yesterday I (we) completed the most fun event EVER!! Warrior Dash. It rocked. My best friend Jill (college roomie) met me in Hollister for this insane obstacle course run that we signed up for in March. It was 3.5 miles of fun/obstacles that included JUMPING OVER FIRE. Let's just say, I couldn't sleep the night before I was so excited. Think night before Christmas when you were a kid excited. The entire 40 minute drive to the location I had perma-grin. And while we waited for our start time I could barely contain myself. ANNNNNDDDD it was all I imagined and more.
There are 30 minute waves that start a whole lotta peeps. When the start happens, they shoot flames in the air from each side of the start banner. You can see it if you look close.
After you take off running, you start to hit the obstacles... these are not in order, but will give you the run down of the INSANITY...
Climbing over 5 cars... This is Jill handling business.
This is the WEB. Bungee cord material criss crossed all crazy like and you had to go through.
Then there was a really steep hill we had to run up... on the other side of the hill was this ravine with 5"-ish fence post things across it. The ravine was prob 6 feet deep and we had to get across w/o killing ourselves. We both clowned it:) This is Jill in action.Next up was the cargo net climb... climb up one side, down the other. That's me. And Jill climbingThen there was like 5 4 ft high walls we had to jump over... we missed the photo op there.
On to the tires. Lots of tires. As long as you didn't look up you wouldn't fall. That's me in the black.And then to the hay bale pyramid... up and then down. Me working it... Jillie's turn... in black hopping down.Next up was the tunnels... probably 25 feet of tunnel to climb through. Go Jillie!!Next was the slip and slide. Holy cow, I had forgotten how much fun a good slip and slide was. There is Jill... bottom left corner,Me on my way down... head first. So much freaking fun I smile just thinking about it.After we squished down the next 1/2 mile or so, we got to jump over FIRE!!! TWICE!!!We followed that up with the 3' deep mud pool. You had to crawl through it. There was barbed wire (real barbed wire) above the mud. No pics cause our waterproof cameras were mud laden at the end.
Once we got the cameras cleaned up this is what we looked like:)


We went directly to the "Warrior Wash" line which led to a fire hose that was spraying off the masses. Nothing like showering with 50 of your closest friends?!?! (It wasn't actual showering, just hosing off the bulk of the mud from our clothes, then traipsing back to the car soaking wet AND muddy.) The fire hose did little to help the cause. Thank goodness for plastic bags to sit on.

It was amazing. I am still giddy about it. I really want to do it again. Tomorrow. Thanks for an amazing day Jill! I had so much fun!!!!

3 comments:

  1. alright, thats just plain hot. next time, i better be there. the kids can trick or treat alone! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari,

    I was super curious about this Warrior Dash so thanks for posting pics and narrative. How or did you train for this? I have to admit it looks fun. I recently did my first ropes course at our Women's Retreat. You know, 60 feet in the air walking across cable wire, log, zip line. I was so nervous but once I started, it was a thrill.

    Anyway, hope all is well. How is Joshua?

    Blessings,

    Joyce McCall

    p.s. Bryce is my son and has a google acct. I didn't know how to do the comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing and inspire me! That looks ridiculously fun and crazy!

    ReplyDelete