Sunday, March 13, 2011

On Your Mark!!!! Get Set!!! Go!!!

Saturday was the annual Hares 'N Hounds 5k/kid run. It's a fund raiser for the highschool and as it turned out, a pretty big event for our little town. Kailee has really wanted to do another run since the Turkey Trot and Addie wanted to do one also. So off we went with our beloved McDermott's to run the kiddos. Beth and I sat this one out and let the kids have all the glory (hee hee... sometimes we do that). My kids apparently thought they would be running in snow. The layers soon came off...
Beth made a sign to cheer their little legs along.
Besties! Fist pump woot!
Kailee tells anyone who will listen... "My mom's running buddy's son is MY running buddy."
Yes, the boy does have a mother. Taking a nap in the Ergo while the big sisters race.
And Dawson and Anabelle have a mom too!!
Look at that face! She's working it! She finished her mile in 8:39! I was soooo proud!!!
Yeah Kailee girl!!! They even got a cool medal!
Here comes little Dawsie Bear! Check out his left hand.... on his way he'd picked flowers for his momma!
Yes, she cried. Adorable. I hope Josh was taking notes.
And there is the other team sponsor, Tyson, bringing up the rear. The little girls did so great! I guess a little girl from our neighborhood, who was also running, got a side ache and Addie went and held her hand and told her she'd help her run! How adorable is that girl??
As soon as she got in from the 1 mile run, the 1/2 mile group was getting ready to go. She asked if she could go again... and she did. Here she is on her way in from her 2nd race. Such a track star! She was really mad about her shoelace coming undone at the end. I really thought I had double knotted them. Poor girl. Coach fail. Darn.
I think she forgives me:)

They all had a great time and can't wait for the next one. Kailee even won 4 movie tickets in the raffle at the end! To the NEW theater!!! HOORAY! Hopefully some of her luck will rub off on me... I never win those things:)

No comments:

Post a Comment