The best part of March, in my humble opinion, is MY BIRTHDAY! And a great one it was!!!
My wifey (for new readers, my BFF) brought donuts and flowers to me in the morning!

And made my favorite cake that we have dubbed "Kari's Birthday Cake". It has taken a few years, and is now PERFECT!! Several of my girls came over and enjoyed cake and wine. It was perfect.



And now onto the other March MOMMA event... the first triathlon of the season. It was March 27. It was freezing!!!!

The best training buddy a girl could ask for, Miss Bethany Sobraske!!!!

We thought we were sooo tough and cute:) Turns out just Bethany was tough... I almost drowned.

Luckily we had great cheerleaders... My Addie Ray and her bestie Anabelle Lee

My sweet wifey, who made the great signage!

And of course, the best husband and big girl Kailee. They are so great to hang out at these crazy events I drag them along to. I love seeing them at all the transitions! Their cheering always makes me keep going!

After almost drowning, I made up time on the bike and the run. Thank goodness. I really thought the race was done after the swim. My hands were so freezing I couldn't even get out of my wetsuit. Let alone put shoes on.

Andddd I finished strong!! Into the arms of my sweet babies!

I even placed... 3rd in my age division!

Guess what I got for my prize??? Not a medal. Not a plaque. OLIVE OIL!!! I have never worked that hard for olive oil in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment