I love making fondant cakes. I know I'm no Cake Boss, but they look way cooler than frosting cakes and the fondant (Marshmellow recipe) is delicious. Ok, so I make them so I can eat the frosting... I digress. Birthday party. Cake. Here it is.
Saturday, February 26, 2011
The PARRTTTAAYY
So, as said earlier, Addie is 5 now. We don't do birthday parties every year around here b/c, let's face it, they cost A LOT of cash (usually) and are a lot of work. Sooo... they get parties on the "big ones". 5 is a big one. So, we partied. Addie's friend Lily had a Strawberry Shortcake birthday @ the gymnastics place in November and it left quite an impression on our little Addie Ray. That was exactly what she wanted. She had never heard of Strawberry Shortcake prior to Miss Lillian's big event, but that is what she wanted. And that is what she got....
I love making fondant cakes. I know I'm no Cake Boss, but they look way cooler than frosting cakes and the fondant (Marshmellow recipe) is delicious. Ok, so I make them so I can eat the frosting... I digress. Birthday party. Cake. Here it is.
I made it at night when the herd was sleeping and when she woke up I told her to check the fridge. I wish I had a camera to see her face. She LOVED it.
All the tiny gymnasts. Monkeys hanging all in a row!
For party favors, I ordered a dozen little canvas bags from Oriental Trading, hot glued some tool stuff I got on MAJOR clearance @ Sears after Christmas and tadah!
Placecards were tiny little "a's" for ADDIE. Placecard holders were made a couple years back for another party... terra cotta pots, painted, sprayed with glitter, pipe cleaner wound around through the hole of the pot. Easy and cheap. My fave.
Banner made with Cricut:)
I wanted to take a pic of Addie and her BFF Anabelle. This was one of a series of about 5.
The rest looked like this... Addie lovingly pushing Anabelle out of the pic... Silly girls.
Our sweet Isabella Nemling. We love her. Her dad and Mike were roomies FOREVER in college.
Sillies!
Big sis
The whole crew. They were all so well behaved, I was amazed... and grateful. Mike was working (boo) and I had a couple mom's and a dad that stayed and helped. Having sweet kiddos made the day flow so smooth and easy. We could all just enjoy it!
I wonder how many pics we'll have of these girls blowing candles out together by the time they are in high school? BTW, the shirt Anabelle has on... She got it for Addie for her b-day so they have matching BFF shirts.
T
I love making fondant cakes. I know I'm no Cake Boss, but they look way cooler than frosting cakes and the fondant (Marshmellow recipe) is delicious. Ok, so I make them so I can eat the frosting... I digress. Birthday party. Cake. Here it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment