As a pre-surgery present, his Nana bought him a car! How adorable is he??
This is him right before they took him away. Poor guy had no idea what was coming.
Post surgery... checking his vitals.
Sweet little man. The toughest cookie I know.
Surgery went just as expected, no issues with intubation/anesthesia. We were fortunate enough to have the anesthesiologist we requested, so the quack we had last time couldn't hurt him! We drove home the same day. It sounds crazy, but I was travelling alone with all 3 kids and wanted to make sure I took advantage of the lingering anesthesia. He couldn't be in pain if he was numb. It all worked out. Recovery was really icky. Tiny boys and catheters are no fun. Diaper changing sucked. He couldn't be on his belly or held certain ways for a week. I am so glad we did this now then when he was more mobile. We had a follow up 3/1 and the doc said it looks great for the time it's been since surgery. It is a gradual healing, up to 6 months before it is totally normal, but so far he is peeing straight and that is good! Thank you for your prayers for this little man!!
No comments:
Post a Comment