Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Quote for the day

You have not been THROWN into these circumstances, you have been CAREFULLY PLACED in them by me (God).

Not sure whether that is a Bible verse, but the lady that spoke at our Women's Retreat said it and in between feeding and bouncing J-man, I managed to write it down. Never believe that you can't get through something. If God brings you to it, God will get you through it. He never gives us more then we can handle.

John 16:33
33"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

James 4:14
14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.

Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Life is just a vapor... we will have trials. They are just for a season. Jesus overcame the WORLD. We can overcome our trials. Thank you Jesus for your promise of hope and a future.

AND

James 1:2-3
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.

Romans 5:3-4
3Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope.

James 1:12
12Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

Praise the Lord for His AMAZING promises. EVEN in times of trials we will PRAISE HIM!!

2 comments:

  1. I really needed this. I have had a rough week and my conversations with God have been about this very thing. Thank you for being sensitive to God's word that you share His words of encouragement and love and faithfulness. Great, I'm crying again!! :)

    ReplyDelete