Monday, January 25, 2010

Birthday Bash!

Addie and her best friend, Anabelle,who happens to be the daughter of my best friend Beth, have birthdays that are about a month apart. Beth and I had the fabulous idea to do a double party... split the work and the cost, girls have fun, it will be a win win for all! With our LA Children's appt Friday, I would have had zero time for food, so Beth did all the food, I did the decor (my fave!) and offered our house for the venue to be destroyed by the rugrats. After a couple evenings plotting and planning, this is what we came up with:


The theme was Tea Party. The vision was fancy finger food and fancy little ladies (and a gent) We let each girl pick 2 friends and had their siblings attend. It was the perfect amount of craziness!

We had chocolate covered strawberry marshmallows A BEEEUUUTEEEful Fruit Bouquet (Yes, Beth made it!)
Lollipop cutenessNot pictured: Deviled eggs and Heart shaped sandwiches.
I made little flower hair doo-dads for favors (along with bags of fancy sunglasses, etc.)

Being that Beth was doing all of the rest of the food and there was no way I was going to have time to make a cake between work and going to LA, we opted to buy a cake from Madonna Inn... It was amazing. Taste and Look. The little 4 year old mongrels did not appreciate it as they should have, to be expected of course. It sure was pretty though!

Addie Ray: Birthday girl
Anabelle Lee: Birthday Girl Birthday princesses and their "court". AKA sister and brother. Time to dive into that yummy cake!

We played musical chairs....


Pin the spout on the teapot...
Opened presents (of course!)
And just had fun!! I am sure this was the first of MANY double birthdays for these girls. Especially now that their moms know how much easier it is to do it as a team!!

1 comment:

  1. how freaking happy does addie look in the musical chairs pic? i laughed so hard. that was a funnnn party i hope the kids had as much fun being there as i did watching them! ;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete