Sunday, January 31, 2010

THE LIST

I am posting this mainly for my Type A neediness. Most of you know what I am talking about.... I make a list of things to do, cross them off with great satisfaction as I complete a task, AND (get ready, this part is wayyy Type A) add the things I accomplished that were on the list in my head, just NOT on paper. Also, if the list is here on my blog, I won't lose it, something that happens with my preggo brain.

Joshua's nursery list.

1. GeeGee - DONE
2. Curtains
3. Quilt
4. Dust Ruffle
5. Cute pillows (No bumper b/c why bother... I just stress they will get stuck under it anyway)
6. Letters (see below for a couple "manly" sets I have done for friends)
7. Stool (This is Addie's and I have no idea why blogger decided to upload it all topsy turvy)


8. CLOSET!! This one is a bigger chore b/c it involves scheduling my hubbie to work it in. He made the closet in the room that is going to be Joshua's an amazing craft/sewing closet for me when we first moved in. It is/has been heavenly. It's full of shelves, perfectly sized for what I planned to put on them. Well, that's all going to have to move out. Fortunately our master closet is totally under-utilized soooo... I have drawn plans to redesign a quarter of it to fit my craft/sewing love. It is on the calendar for the 3 weekend in February. Yes, I said on the calendar. That is how we operate in this insane life we lead.

9. Cradle: I have been working (ok, I worked on it one day and got overwhelmed) on refinishing our cradle. It is the same cradle my bro and I slept in. When Kailee came along, my mom painted it to be cutsie.... only a little too cutsie for a boy. So I am striping it and staining it. The hard part is the spindles. A pain in the behind!!! Maybe another Mike job. Right after the closet.

10. Sling: I found the cutest sling and want to make it. I even found the fabric.

11. Receiving blankets: Oversized made of flannel. Perfect for swadlling because they can't escape!! Already bought the fabric for 3, just need to sew them.

12. Cute picture hanger thing: found this idea on a blog and loved it. It will be super easy to make. Stay tuned for finished project pick.

13. Chair rail/paneling/???: Something woodsy around the already blue room. This will have to be scheduled of course being that I will need my handyman.

Basically, I have all supplies for EACH project, just need more hours in the day. Hmm... maybe I should quit working now and craft full time. Wish I could get paid for that.

I'm off to fold laundry now. Have to complete the list for the evening and all.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the letters! I totally understand the type A need to make lists:) I'm working on refinishing a spindle-y cradle too.... and by "working on" I mean "trying to convince myself to start." Did you make or buy cradle bedding? I can't find anything cute so I was thinking about making it instead. We just made a materials list for panneling too... Jerad wants to do Craftsman Style molding with a tall baseboard. I just want everything finished so I feel more prepared:)

    ReplyDelete